Sunday 26 January 2014

Visual Chart

For my Chart, I started out by carrying a brainstorm to see with what type of movements I integrated most. By eliminating one after the other, I remained with five designers which all lived in different movements yet all effective today. The five designers I chose from five different eras were Gerrit Rietveld, Marcel Breuer, Alvar Aalto, Verner Panton and Tom Dixon.


After doing research one after the other, I realised that this chart is not as easy as I taught. Started with the eras then characteristics, influences and social influences that may have influence the designers at that particular time. Somehow all of them are influenced by each other, whether it is design or whether it’s an inspiration.


Finally everything was getting together and it was easier for me to match designer with another. This was not just a task to get corrected on but it was a task were I am inspired and influenced from. These designers are truly great ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment